Thursday, August 11, 2005

An interesting week

What a busy and stressful few days we have experienced. Sunday night Emily comes out of her room late at night to tell me she lost a tooth. It was one of the teeth we spent a fortune on getting filled last summer. Since I was told the dentist only fills adult teeth, I immediately assumed it had broken.
After a nearly sleepless night (Emily is very frightened of dentists after several traumatic visits), I made an emergency appointment.
When the denist looked at the tooth she said it was a baby tooth that was filled two years ago.
Whew.
Then, they discovered an infected absessed tooth. It had to removed immediately. Emily displayed an incredible amount of courage. She cried for a moment and then they rmoved the infected tooth.
The next day we discovered her head lice. It took hours to clean her head, but we think we have it under control. Then, there is the immense clean up. Everything had to be laundered or srayed. Let me tell you, that wasn't much fun either. .
Today, I hoped for a quieter day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home